“GourmetXperience Gift “Certificate” operating and purchase terms and conditions.
- All GourmetXperiences & Monetary “Certificates” are to be redeemed in UK restaurants and participating cookery schools only.
- All ‘“Certificates” are valid for 12 months from the date of sale, unless otherwise stated. Any “Certificates” not used within this time can be extended – 10% handling fee for a further 3 months, if extended within 28 days prior expiry. All others will be forfeited with no entitlement to refund or exchange. The Consumer Contracts Regulations allow customers to receive a refund for up to 14 days after they receive their “Certificate”. Refunds NOT available thereafter. See point 10.
- Reservations are subject to availability, and must be made in advance via our team direct. Please follow instructions on each individual ‘“Certificate”’. The purchase of a ‘“Certificate”’ does not guarantee a reservation. This ‘“Certificate”’ features a unique reference code, which must be quoted at the time of booking and presented at redemption.
- “Certificates” purchased for unique GourmetXperiences can be exchanged for the experience detailed on the “Certificate”. Items ordered in addition to the specified GourmetXperience and any discretionary service charges / gratuities are not included in the price of experience “Certificates”, unless otherwise stated.
- “Certificates” can be used as full or part payment on goods and services. Purchases made with “Certificates” are neither transferable nor refundable by cash.
- Whole monetary “Certificates” can only be used for a single transaction; any remaining amount is not exchangeable for cash or another “Certificate” and will be automatically forfeited.
- “Certificates” used on set menus available during promotional periods such as the festive season may be subject to a supplement. Please ask when booking.
- For “Certificate” queries relating to the menus, restaurants or bookings/courses please call the restaurants/cookery schools directly.
- For technical queries regarding the website, shopping cart or receiving the “Certificates” please contact us via our on-line ‘Contact Us’ form.
- Should you change your mind, you have 14 days from the date of the confirmation email to cancel your order and we will provide a full refund. To request a refund, please contact us via our on-line ‘Contact Us’ form and provide your name, home address, details of the order and where available your phone number and email address. Your ““Certificate”” code will be voided so that it cannot be redeemed. If you have redeemed your ““Certificate”” you will not be entitled to cancel your order or receive a refund.
- The company ‘Gourmet Lifestyle-Leisure Marketing LTD” T/A ‘GREATEST BRITISH COMPANY’ reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the term “Certificate” as used in these terms and conditions refers only to ““Certificate” purchased directly from our GourmetXperience.co.uk secure website and related websites.
Internet Terms and Conditions for the sale of “Certificates” to Consumers
1.1 Definitions. In these Conditions the following definitions shall apply:
Conditions: these terms and conditions which apply to the sale and purchase of ““Certificates” as amended from time to time.
Gourmet Lifestyle-Leisure Marketing LTD Limited, (Also T/A GREATEST BRITISH COMPANY) a company registered in England and Wales with company number 03221336 whose registered office is at “Lifestyle Suite, Sidney House, Old School Gardens, Shrewsbury, Shropshire. SY1 2AJ
Product: the experience or service to be provided by us to which the “Certificate” relates, and the provision of which will be covered by our main terms and conditions.
“Certificate”: a ““Certificate”” for a Product available for purchase via the Website by you.
We: the supplier of the ““Certificate”” to you.
Website: the website from which you can purchase a ““Certificate””.
You: the person who purchases a ““Certificate”” from the Website.
1.2 Construction. In these Conditions, the following rules apply:
(a) a person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality);
(b) unless the context requires otherwise, words in the singular shall include the plural and in the plural shall include the singular;
(c) a reference to “our”, or “us” or any other word imparting a similar meaning shall be referring to “we”, and similarly a reference to “your” shall be referring to “you”.
- The Contract
2.1 These are the Conditions on which we supply ““Certificates” to you. These Conditions should be read in conjunction with our main terms and conditions which can be found on our website. Where the provisions of our main terms and conditions conflict with the provisions of these Conditions, in relation to the sale and purchase of ““Certificates” only, these Conditions will prevail.
2.2 Please read these Conditions carefully before you submit your Order for a “Certificate” to us. These Conditions tell you who we are, how we will provide the “Certificate” to you, how you can redeem the “Certificate”, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2.3 If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your Order.
- When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- Your Order
4.1 Our acceptance of your Order will take place when you receive an email confirming your Order, at which point the contract will come into existence between you and us.
4.2 If we are unable to accept your order you will be notified that the transaction has failed.
4.3 We will assign an order number to your Order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can state the order number whenever you contact us about your Order.
- Our products
5.1 The images of the Product on the Website are for illustrative purposes only.
- Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to your Order please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of your Order or anything else which may be relevant as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 11).
- Our rights to make changes
7.1 We may change or stop providing the Product:
(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
to reflect changes to the Products we offer.
(b) We will notify you of any such changes and will explain the consequence of those changes on your ability to redeem your ““Certificate””.
- Our Third Party Agent
8.1 “GourmetXperiences” is a third party agent who we use to process and administer our customers’ orders for “Certificates” made via the Website.
8.2 “GourmetXperiences” OR Gourmet Lifestyle-Leisure Marketing LTD will appear on your bank or card provider statement in respect of your payment for the “Certificate” purchase.
8.3 For the avoidance of doubt, the contract for the sale and purchase of the “Certificate” is between you and the providing venue. “GourmetXperiences” and associated companies owe no obligations to you, and shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of any matter arising out of or in connection with the sale and purchase of the “Certificate”, even in the event of our insolvency or if we were to cease trading or for any other reason which would result in us being unable to fulfil our obligation to you in respect of your purchase of the “Certificate”.
8.4 If you have any questions in relation to your Order you should contact us via our ‘Contact us’ on line form.
- Delivery of the ““Certificate””
9.1 Any costs of packaging and delivery will be as displayed to you prior to you purchasing the ““Certificate””.
9.2 The estimated date of delivery of the “Certificate” will depend on your chosen delivery option, and will be as displayed to you at the time of choosing your delivery option.
9.3 “GourmetXpereinces” will use a third party delivery service provider to deliver the ““Certificate”” to you. Any dates stated for delivery shall be approximate and time shall not be of the essence of the contract.
- Validity and redemption of a “Certificate”
10.1 A “Certificate” is valid for use from the date on which you purchase it.
10.2 The “Certificate” will detail the specific terms and conditions relating to the “Certificate” and the Product which apply in addition to these Conditions and our main terms and conditions.
10.3 The “Certificate” will detail how it can be redeemed. You are advised to contact us in order to arrange a date and time to enjoy the Product, and any such date and time shall be subject to availability.
- Your rights to a refund
11.1 You have 14 days from the date of the confirmation email which will be sent to you in accordance with clause 4.1 to change your mind and cancel your Order which will end the contract.
11.2 To cancel your Order, please let us know by doing one of the following:
Online. Complete the ‘contact us’ form on our website detailing all purchase information and reference number.
11.3 If you cancel your Order for any reason after the “Certificate” has been dispatched to you or you have received it the “Certificate” code will be voided so that it cannot be redeemed.
11.4 If you or we cancel your Order and you are eligible for a refund, we will refund you the price you paid for the “Certificate” MINUS delivery costs, by the method you used for payment.
11.5 We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible, and in all cases refunds will be made within 14 days of the date on which we receive notification from you in accordance with clause 11.2of your wish to cancel your Order.
11.6 If you have redeemed your “Certificate” you will not be entitled to cancel your Order or receive a refund as we will have fulfilled our obligations in supplying the Product to you.
- Price and payment
12.1 The price of the “Certificate” (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the Website when you place your Order.
12.2 You must pay for the “Certificate” at the time you place your Order.
12.3 “Gourmet Lifestyle-Leisure Marketing LTD” will appear on your bank or card statement in relation to the payment of your Order.
- How we may use your personal information
13.1 We will use the personal information you provide to us:
(a) to supply the “Certificate” to you, which will include passing the personal information to our redemption partner to process and arrange delivery of your “Certificate”;
(b) to process your payment for your Order; and
(c) if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar Products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
13.2 We will only give your personal information to third parties where we have your consent to do so or the law either requires or allows us to do so.
- Other important terms
14.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
14.2 This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms and no other person.
14.3 These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in the English courts.