Sir David Attenborough’s Blue Planet II highlighted the truly shocking scale of plastic pollution. This, coupled with China’s ban on accepting plastic waste from the West has given governments, businesses and individuals a sobering wake-up call. So, it’s time for all of us to wake-up and smell the coffee!
GREATESTBRITISH core values include promoting and educating in the reduction in single use plastics, and not just preach, but offer credible alternatives.
LIMITED EDITION: Bamboo Eco-Coffee Mug.
Before deciding on our bamboo mugs, we carried out in-depth research, considering over 50 different types of reusable cups. Those made from bamboo came top of the list due to the material’s sustainability. Bamboo is fast-growing, with no need for irrigation, pesticides or fertilisers, and it’s a rapidly renewable crop. The bamboo used to make our cups is actually a bi-product of chopstick manufacturing, making it even more sustainable.
- Biodegradable, taking two to three years to biodegrade when crushed and buried, as opposed to hundreds for some plastics.
- Recyclable where facilities exist (recycling code 7).
- Light yet durable, so easy and practical to carry around.
- Free of BPA and phthalates.
- Made from a rapidly renewable resource – Bamboo is one of the fastest growing natural prodcuts and requires little water to grow.
- Helps cut out consumer waste: Reusable indefinitely (if looked after)
- Heat resistant up to 120 degrees
- Naturally sterile, no taste residue
- Every individually ‘GREATESTBRITISH branded cup comes with discreet Panda icon below the sleeve to show the users support for our campaign
- Re-sealable ‘No-drop’ lid
- 14oz (400ml) “the universal” size cup
- Light weight and easy to hold
- Dishwasher Proof (including the printed elements)
- If all of this is not enough, you also save min 25p off your coffee purchase at most retail brands.
- Don’t be a mug, wake up and smell the coffee, order one today! Order today. Mugs sent out in time for Christmas.